Two weeks ago I wrote about my new adventure working with fabrics showing you several of my ideas. Using some very old bee wax found in my classroom, I experimented with a batik style appling the wax to my fabric before dying the fabric. As you can see the wax was so old it stained the white fabric yellow. Yikes!!
This one I got a little to crazy with the wax, but did like the look of the larger bird house.
I poured out the old wax and donated it to the jewelery teacher and ordered soy wax. This is the second try using soy wax
A quick sketch using yellow paper with a new design for the larger house composition.
Using marker I will be adding detail to the fabric print and the design will be done using thread and freemotion stitching. I'm so excited! I have this week off from school and can't wait to draw and stitch on my dyed fabric.