Saturday, December 14, 2013

Artist Trading Cards






What do you do with twenty very chatty  Drawing 1 students who are complaining that they don't want to improve their drawing skills or learn new techniques in class? They just want to do their own thing.  Quoting a student " Mrs. Maggio, Art is suppose to be fun I already know how to draw."
  My come back. Prove it. For the next two weeks everyone has to create 1 to 2  Artist Trading cards each day in class until Christmas break. I'm going to grade your efforts each day and want 10 to 15 cards by December 20th. The only requirement is that you must draw!!!No excuses!
For those of you that have never seen an Artist Trading Card  they are 2.5 x 3.5" in size. I had never created a trading card so I started the project with them. We started the assignment December 5th, and I have 16 completed cards so far. I'm actually having fun. As for the students only 2 are keeping up with me. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin