Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunday Sketches; The Susan E. Anthony Home

My Project for the summer... Illustrating some of Rochester, New York's historical and favorite locations to visit. The first sketch was done on location at The Susan B. Anthony Home. It's very playful and I'm not worrying about perspective. I'm just trying to capture my enthusiasm for being out side, taking pictures and painting again. It is very whimsical.   




 Here are a few photographs my husband took, I think he was having fun too.















 Here is my first sketch (not the final painting) of The Susan B Anthony House.
So glad it's summer vacation, I was so ready for a change in my routine.  Happy to be participating in Suday Sketches today.

~ Karen


10 comments:

  1. Love your sketch, love your way of drawing :)
    And the pictures are beautiful too, would have
    loved to have a cup of tea with those two :))

    Have a beautiful Sunday!
    Tinna ✐

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful painting and the photos are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ink and watercolor sketch! Love the loose style! Happy summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sketch and painting of the historical house and fun photos too!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming sketch and I love that you were in my old hometown. I grew up in Rochester! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!!! I'm in awe!! Just stunning charming sketch of the house both painted and without paint. Photos are wonderful too! I'm off to have a look around here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot think of anything better than sharing creative time with someone we love. I love your whimsical sketch and your husband's photo's . I can see a great collaboration here - maybe even a book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of creating beautiful sketches of the old homes in your area!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen, wonderful illustration here. I SO wish I could figure out the style you paint in. :) And I'm LOVING your short hair. It suits you well. Hope you're having a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, I love the looseness of your lines and your use of colour.. Free, lovely and inviting!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin