Saturday, October 26, 2013

Skeletons Are popping up every where







I  love getting ready for Halloween and celebrating Mexico's traditional holiday, Los Dias de Muertos by painting a few masks and dressing up my studio skeleton in honor of both holidays.
A few years ago my  International Baccalaureate (IB) students and I researched Mexico's holiday also known as "The Day of the Dead," by creating cigar box shrines. If your not familar with this holiday, it is a time for families to remember and  honor departed ancestors, friends and family.
If you would like to see the cigar box shrine that I created in memory of my good friend and artist Marlene Scott, click on her name.
Hope you enjoy the pictures, and a walk down memory lane with me. 


2 comments:

  1. I love your skull masks and artwork, and your studio skeleton?! Get out! That is great! The cigar box shrine you created for Marlene is divine too. What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful calacas!! Love the wings...

    happy dia de los muertos!!
    x...x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin