Friday, January 30, 2015

Dreaming of Romance



"Dreaming of  Romance"
Pen and Watercolor Still life Painting.



This was the Original sketch that was posted last week.

I finished the painting yesterday, and  wish you could see the iridescent gold  watercolor used on the edges of the tea cup. Golden Artist Colors has come out with a line of watercolors that I just love. They are called QPR Modern Watercolors. The iridescent gold was pricey but so worth the affect.
I'll be posting this on Paint Party Friday and on Sunday Sketches this week.
Enjoy and have fun on the weekend!

~ karen

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE your romantic still life, so pretty. Your new paints sound good. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. Lovely and romantic and well done. I love it! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely exquisite, a lovely drawing to start with and so delicately painted. I love it all and especially like the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is indeed romantic, also sweet and tender, beautiful still life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Karen, so delicate and ethereal - makes me think of an old fashioned movie set in Paris for some reason with a lovely heroine staring wistfully out the window as she waits for her beau!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, Karen. I love the effect of the lace underneath the gorgeous cup. And the painting of the rose is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your watercolor is fantastic. I would love to be having that cup of tea. Great job and thank you for stopping by my PPF post. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So romantic and pretty! A glorious piece!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. so romantic, delicate and beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and elegant! Do you do your sketches in pencil first then pen? I'm so nervous about just using pen, but love the effect of your art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful and indeed romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Karen ~ I love seeing this with the color. It's simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely beautiful, Karen! I'm in awe! It looks like you use ink before you paint it. What ink do you use that doesn't run when you add the paint? I love this. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin