Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sketching & Stitching



Something a little different this Sunday.
 Last weekend while cleaning my studio, came a cross this little sketch, done quite awhile ago of spools of thread. So I decided to create a collage for this weeks Sunday Sketches.
Yesterday I dusted off my sewing machine and added a bit of free motion stitching to pull it all together. I must admit I'm rather rusty with the stitching so you can guess what I'll be doing later today.
Hope you enjoy....
~ Karen

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and creative work!!!

    Smiles, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Love the image and the combination of sewn elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful and what time and creativity this all takes ~

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful mixed media piece! Wonderful texture from the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant piece. If I knew how to really sew, I'd give it a shot myself! hee Well done. I love it and a fabulous combination of art and needlework. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin