Saturday, January 17, 2015

Working on a Valentine Collage

 Mix Media Collage with a "Valentine" theme.

 Detail #1 of the Valentine.  I used a heavy gel medium over the original painting of the valentine.

 Detail #2 The background is a combination of tissue papers and hand painted newspapers. I also used pastels to highlight colors and textures.

 Detail # 3 of a monotype printed on newspaper.

 Detail # 4  Think this is my favorite photo....

Detail # 5 of the layers.

This piece was inspired by my Art Club theme at school this week. The group wanted to start working on projects for Valentines Day, and of course I like to play along with them.  The Valentine was painted first on watercolor paper and I wanted to add something different to the background.  It just so happens that my Painting class is working on a Collage theme, so I decided to turn my Valentine into a collage piece. 
When teaching collage I always demo several printing making options along with re purposing old newspapers, so you can image how many sample I have left around the art room. I had so much much pulling everything together. The final piece is almost done I'm still deciding on the final composition.
I think I like this version. What do you think?


~ Karen

1 comment:

  1. Love all the wonderful colours and textures, well done on creating this beautiful piece. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin