Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Sketches; The Still Life Tea Cup


Thought I would share my next project, a still life painting with my friends over at Sunday Sketches today. This little tea cup is sitting on top of a book which I draped over with an antique lace handkerchief and added one rose. It is all inked up and ready for watercolor but I still need to play around with the color choices in my sketchbook. Hopeful I'll have it blocked in with color by the end of the day.
This drawing really wants me to give it a name. What do you think? should I title this piece "Dreaming of Romance"
Have a wonderful day.

~ Karen

9 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely sketch, and there's definitely elements of romance in the drawing *and* the mood. I'm looking forward to seeing the color added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how delightful Karen, would love to see this coloured in. that would be a great title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is delightful, would love to see it coloured in. That would be a great title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant sketch ~ so refined and lovely ~

    Happy Weekend ahead to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, your tea cup is absolutely superb. I LOVE the sketch and look forward to seeing it colored. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some amazing detail! And the name fits perfectly. Thanks for the sunday sketch visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your drawings are just so very lovely!!! I am doing the sketchbookery class and happy that it has given me the little kick I needed just to sketch everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin