Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Sketches: "What's on the Drawing Table "

 Thought it might be fun to show you whats been happening on my drawing table this week.

  "Warm up" watercolor color paintings done to loosing  up before working on a larger painting that I'm doing for my daughter .

 This one reminded me of a pea pod.

 I was thinking of something that illustrated  how I should have celebrated New Years Eve.

Blocking in color for a landscape painting I'm doing for my daughter.
I've also been busy sketching up designs for one or two Valentines cards that I'll show you next Sunday.
Don't forget to visit Sunday Sketches to see what the other artists' have posted on their blogs this week!

~ Karen

12 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your drawing table. The landscape is lovely. I really love a painting with water in it. It always makes me feel so happy and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these watercolours! I have just ordered a set of Spectrum Aqua markers - I can't wait to play around with those :)

    Visiting from Sunday Sketches - I'm number 9 :)

    Sarah @ A Cat Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful series of colorful and creative sketches !

    Happy Sunday,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful work! Thanks for sharing Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, thanks for sharing, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Karen, the landscape will be lovely. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really good doing mini warm-up work before diving into major pieces of work. It definitely helps and pushes one into the creative groove naturally. The landscape painting is utterly beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, you are so talented, love your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your colorful warm-up exercises, and the landscape for your daughter is going to be great. Happy Sunday Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your work here, Karen, and seeing what your desk is like etc. Good ieas here too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen,
    I am a new member at CT. I saw your link on the sidebar. I love your warm up artwork. We learned yesterday to warm up every time. This is something I have never done. So I am leaving this computer and going to warm up.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin