Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Sketches Gingerbread Men





Wow how did two weeks of Christmas break go so fast? I'm not sure what I did but it wasn't working on sketches or paintings. The only thing I did manage to do was clean it up. ha ha. This morning I woke up and realized I hadn't done anything for today's Sunday Sketches. So... guess what I've been doing the past 4 hours??? Creating a very sketchy watercolor from a photograph I had taken of my gingerbread cookies.
Hopefully I'll have something done for Creative Tuesday's theme "How I spent New Years Eve."
Enjoy the cookies and make sure to visit Sunday Sketches to see what the others have created.

~ Karen.

10 comments:

  1. oh, this is so cute! love the surprised expression on the top cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your gingerbread men and the photo too. Looking forward to your CT contribution, mine's all ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely painting! It looks better than the photo! I love the mix of pen and watercolour as it's something I've been experimenting too. Just about to follow you on bloglovin as I've just found you through Alexandra's Sunday Sketches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's fantastic, Karen. I LOVE it. Way better than the photo as any art should be too. Perfect. I love your sketchiness and vibrancy of colour. Wishing you a wonderful new year! Hahaha, had to laugh over the cleaning up. I remember spending a huge part of the morning of 27th just ding dishes! oh dear me, but it was soo worth it even if using now dishwasher china.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The painting looks so much like the photograph--very impressive. I am enjoying the expression on the white gingerbread man's face . . . he looks a little surprised to be there . . . perhaps he's just realized his fate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the sketch came out great! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, love your sketch of the mug and cookies. I'm hoping to grow more in my sketching with a bit more detail to things. This is inspiring and so glad you joined us again! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin